1. A client wanted to increase visits to their website.
When we analyze the website, we realize that the domain of the website is not secure, so it does not have SSL (secure socket layer). This means that the data transferred between the web browser of one of the clients and the web server where the site is located or between other terminals is transmitted in clear text, making the HTTP protocol vulnerable to cyber attacks. Hackers could therefore intercept and see confidential information, such as credit card data, login information or patient health information. When data is sent via a browser that uses HTTPS, SSL ensures that it will be encrypted and protected from interception as it is transferred between the browser and the server.
It is therefore very important to secure the website of any company, because no one wants their communications to be spied on, especially since Google penalizes the ranking of companies that do not secure their customers’ data. That’s why at Publissoft we offer free SSL to all our clients who choose to do SEO with us. Some companies charge up to $100 per year for this service. But we believe that all of our clients, without exception, are entitled to fair security, so we offer it free of charge.
2. Many of our clients have had several problems with the server where their website was hosted.
Here are some of the problems experienced:
- Very slow download speed of their website on a mobile device due to server capacity issues, which uses old technology, degrading the customer experience. Also, when a website takes too long to download, we all do almost the same thing: abandon the search!
- Google detected that spam was being sent from the client’s website because the server where the website was hosted was not secure. This is very bad for the SEO of any website, since Google penalizes a lot the websites that are a source of spam. However, when looking at these websites, they look quite normal, these problems are invisible to the naked eye, but Google has very powerful filters to detect these anomalies.
- The server where the website was hosted was crashing quite often, with the unfortunate consequences one can imagine.
- The website and all the clients’ emails disappear, without them being able to access them again. Unfortunately, this has happened to several clients and it is obviously a big problem! It has even happened to a well-known hosting company. The problem is that the servers were attacked and the backups were integrated into the same server that hosted the websites. This is very unprofessional coming from these companies. It shows that they don’t have a real server expert to take care of their customers. And for a company to lose its website and all communications with its customers is obviously very serious, it can even lead to the death of a company.
- The server resources are very limited for the customer and they had to pay to have access to more disk space in the server. The client had to regularly waste time and money to deal with this inconvenience.
- The hosting company did not want to give access to the client’s website so that they could transfer it. You need to know that you own your website and you have every right to move your website to the server of your choice.
- Other customers have experienced all kinds of security problems, such as a website being compromised by hackers.
We have seen all of these problems and more that we won’t list here, as there are many more! Part of what causes this is that these hosting companies don’t have real experts in server hardware and software technologies because they don’t want to invest in servers with the latest technology.
At Publissoft, we have built for you high performance servers to optimize the experience of Google bots and your customers with your company’s website. We are one of the only companies in North America to offer such high quality hosting, free of charge, to all our SEO clients (some of our competitors charge up to $250 per month for this type of hosting).
3. Many clients have told us that they had technical problems with their website or customer service problems of all kinds with their former web provider.
For example, unavailable functionalities, pages giving errors, recurrent delay problems when the customer asks to make changes in the website, exorbitant amounts charged to perform web programming, etc.
It is obvious that there is a huge problem of manpower shortage in web agencies.
At Publissoft, we don’t have this problem and we have plenty of excellent programmers to ensure that your needs are always met in a timely manner.
4. One client told us that he had signed a three-year contract with a former SEO provider. At the end of the contract, not a single keyword important to him was on page 1 of Google.
We analyzed his entire website’s Internet presence and, indeed, this provider had done virtually nothing to get the client on page one. We entered into a six-month contract with this client and made some very positive changes to their website to improve their SEO. After three months, the client had started showing up on page one, and after six months, he told us he was getting three to seven calls a day from potential clients. After four years with us, the client is still very satisfied, because not only were we able to position him on the first page of Google with his best keywords, but we have kept him there consistently all these years.
For about 90% of our clients, we are their only marketing source and we are helping them get the customers they need.
5. We presented our services to a new client and he looked at us and said he had been looking for a company like Publissoft for at least five years.
The client has an online store with a lot of products and not only was the number of visits per day very low (about 10), but his site was also very slow and he could not connect the products on his website with his inventory software. When we told him that we were able to fix all of these problems without increasing the cost of his monthly package, he was very happy. The client has been with us for over three years.
Before Publissoft, he was selling about $5,000 a year with his online store. Today, he sells over $200,000 a year in the United States and Canada. The client thanked us a lot because when the pandemic started, he had to close his physical stores and he was convinced that he would not have survived without his online sales. His store software is always up to date, he gets over 500 visits a day now, his download speed is very fast and the customer no longer has to worry about technical problems or traffic on his website. He is now focusing on his online and store sales, with visits to his physical stores increasing fivefold as consumers search online before they visit.
6. A few years ago, a client contacted us in a panic because his main competitor was putting up large advertising signs on the side of highways.
At the time, his website had a daily traffic of about 25 visits. He thought that with these big signs, his competitor would take a big share of the market. We listened carefully and reassured him that by opting for a good SEO package with Publissoft, he would become accessible to the vast majority of potential customers who wanted to buy his services online. We told him that no matter what happens outside of the Internet, when customers are ready to buy, they go to Google and decide on a provider from among those on the first page. The client took our advice and within a few months we tripled their number of leads (visits).
Now, four years later, his site is getting 300-500 visits a day. The client has greatly increased his investments with us, because he understood that our packages are extremely profitable.
7. A client with whom we have been working on SEO on three websites for the past year recently told us that he had spent over $100,000 on digital marketing in the past with a very well-known company.
He told us that it was a complete scam and he got no return on his investment, in addition to receiving very poor customer service. He praised us for our very human approach, which includes very close follow-ups to understand the evolution of his needs as an entrepreneur. After one year, he is very satisfied with the SEO results obtained with his three websites. He decided to give us a fourth project: an online store to sell across Canada. We proposed different strategies and he chose the one that best fit his vision of growth for this new business division.
We are very proud when people tell us that it is very rare to find an agency as efficient as ours. Serving our clients well is part of our DNA and our entrepreneurial culture. We want to build long-term win-win business relationships with our clients.