Website migration is a term used to describe a significant change or changes made to a website. For example, it can be migrating the site to a new domain, changing URLs, migrating emails, changing servers, or changing the platform or design.
There are several types of migrations when it comes to websites. Whenever one or more migrations are required for your website, it is very important to plan the work well to avoid a lot of problems. That’s why you should entrust this work to the web and SEO experts at Publissoft.
In our experience with hundreds of clients, we have observed that many people claiming to be web experts and manipulating clients’ websites cause all kinds of disasters. We’ve seen clients in distress because their providers have done poorly planned migrations and their SEO has suffered significantly. It could be a migration to a new server or platform, a domain change, a design change, etc.
In IT for the web or in IT applied to any field, it is very important to pay attention to all the details and to plan well the changes made to a system to improve it and not to harm it. Unfortunately, many web agencies make their clients’ websites lose value, whether it is due to a lack of manpower, a lack of training for computer specialists or a lack of analytical or technical skills among programmers. This leads to errors that are very costly for the clients. Moreover, these companies are not responsible because they take advantage of the fact that the customer does not always understand the technical problems of the website.
At Publissoft, our web and SEO experts plan each step of a migration from A to Z, whether it is for preparation, execution or post-migration.
We leave nothing to chance when it comes to the many technical aspects to be taken into consideration during a migration, because our goal is to help your business grow through the web.
Here are some examples of technical considerations:
- Security backups of your site in its original state.
- Installation of all security.
- Strict spam analysis before installing a site in our servers. (Very often, clients have spam in their website, but since it is not visible, some web agencies do not care about this aspect so important for SEO).
- Verification of all your website addresses (URLs) to ensure that Google’s robots will not be blocked from accessing the current content already indexed in Google.
- Configurations in the Google Search Console.
- 301 redirects, because we need to make sure that the old pages (URLs) are redirected correctly to the new ones.
Trust the web migration experts at Publissoft. We offer secure migration to our servers at no cost to our SEO clients.